Sandusky Transit’s top priority is the safety and security of its riders and staff using public transportation during this coronavirus (COVID-19) health pandemic. STS is in contact with public health and transportation authorities including the Erie County Health Department, the Ohio Department of Transportation and the Federal Transportation Administration. STS is prepared and will continue to provide safe and reliable transportation during this time and is taking extra precautions to make sure its vehicles and facilities are cleaned and sanitized.
Download the Transit app for all of STS's route information and service updates.
- STS resumed fare collection on both fixed routes and dial-a-ride beginning Monday, June 1st.
- The Blue Line operating hours have been reduced hours to 6am-10pm.
- The Orange Line will resume service on August 1st.
- The Yellow Line will resume service on June 15th running from 6am-10pm.
- All other lines are operating as normal.
The CDC and STS recommend riders follow these guidelines when using public transit:
- Wear a mask or face covering when riding STS.
- Wash your hands often. If soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Maintain distance between you and other riders when possible.
- Consult your health professional if you have any questions.
- Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Site
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- City of Sandusky COVID-19 Resource Page
STS is committed to keeping riders and staff safe and informed of the situation as it evolves, and we appreciate your continued support and ridership.
Please contact STS Dispatch at 419-621-8462 for more info.