The Department of Public Works is currently performing the following work throughout the City:
- Friday, January 11, 2019, a portion of the 100 block of Water Street will be temporarily closed as work is performed at the Reber Building, located at 141 – 145 E. Water Street. Construction signs and street barriers will be in-place. We ask that all traffic use extreme caution when traveling the area and be mindful of the construction equipment
- On Monday, January 14, 2019, Mid-Ohio Pipeline who has been contracted by Columbia Gas to preform work on their gaslines will be closing Scott St, between Perry and Franklin Streets. During the closure, the traffic signals at the Warren & Scott Intersection will be changed to flashing and flaggers will be directing traffic in this area.
- Starting Monday, January 7, 2019, the contractor working on the Jackson Street Pier Rehabilitation project will be installing perimeter wire rope to the top of the pier wall around the water edge. The Pier will stay open during installation, but sections will be coned off to prevent the public from walking and/or parking along the edge where they will be working.
- Starting Monday, January 14, 2019, until further notice, the Jackson Street Pier will be closed to all pedestrian and vehicular traffic. Access will be maintained to all passengers loading and unloading from the Goodtime and/or the Pelee Islander vessels. As the operational season draws near, signage will be posted directing traffic to alternate downtown parking areas.
- Starting Monday, January 14, 2019, the contractor working on the Cedar Point Waterline project will be shifting traffic at the high bridge on Cedar Point Drive. The contractor will be working in the two northbound lanes for the next several weeks. The southbound lanes will be split in to one northbound lane and one southbound lane, keeping access to vehicular traffic at all times.
For questions, contact the Department of Public Works at 419.627.5829.