The Department of Public Works is currently facilitating the following work throughout the city:
- Starting Monday, January 14, 2019, until further notice, the Jackson Street Pier will be closed to all pedestrian and vehicular traffic. Access will be maintained to all passengers loading and unloading from the Goodtime and/or the Pelee Islander vessels.
- The south side of Shoreline Drive from Lawrence/Water St to Franklin St will be closed to all vehicular traffic in order to allow the contractor to continue with the removal of pavement and tracks, installation of underground utilities, subgrade stabilization, installation of pavement sub-base and base, sidewalk and curb. During this closure detour signs will be set up directing vehicular traffic to access Shoreline Dr via Franklin St at Shoreline Park traveling westbound only the entire length.
- Starting Monday, July 22, 2019, the Division of Streets & Traffic will close Sherman Street between Pierce Street and Perkins Avenue for a resurfacing project—a two-step process consisting of Milling and Filling—that will take approximately fifteen (15) business days to complete, depending on the weather. No parking will be allowed on the street, but vehicular access will be maintained for residents and businesses within this area throughout the duration of the project.
- Starting Monday, July 29, 2019, the contractor working on the Thorpe Drive Culvert Replacement Project will be closing Thorpe Drive to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic between Venice Rd and Venice Heights Blvd for a forty-five day period. Detour signs have been set up directing traffic to use an alternate route to access Thorpe Dr.
- Due to high water-levels, F Street is closed to all vehicular traffic until further notice.
We ask that all motorists traveling through these areas plan accordingly and be mindful of all construction equipment and workers. For questions, contact the Department of Public Works at 419.627.5829.