The Department of Public Works is currently facilitating the following construction work and services throughout the city:
- West Side Utility & Connectivity Project – The contractor is installing waterline and storm sewers on Edgewater Ave, Elmwood Court, Sagamore, Linden and Wuertz Streets, south of Venice Road. The contractor will be connecting the water service lines to the new watermain. Property owners should have received door tags from the contractor notifying them of this work. Traffic will be maintained but expect delays at times when work is being performed.
- Safe Routes to School – The contractor will be installing the school zone sign assemby foundations on Perkins Avenue near the middle school in the next few weeks. They will also be installing bike racks at the middle school along with completing punch list items.
- The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) has contracted with Erie Blacktop of Sandusky, Ohio for the resurfacing of Route 6 from Venice Road to the east City Corporate limit just east of Remington Ave. NO PARKING signs will be posted for the week of August 3, 2020, along Route 6 from Wayne Street to Venice Road to allow for the contractor to mill the roadway.
- Water Street will be open to motorists traveling in both directions between Jackson Street and Columbus Avenue. The sidewalk on the South side of the street and the eastbound lane will remain closed between Columbus Avenue and the entrance to the Jackson Street Parking Lot. Traffic signs will be posted to guide motorists through the area.
- Hancock Street between Washington and Market Streets will be closed to all vehicular traffic as crews make repairs to trenches on Wednesday, July 22, 2020.