The Department of Public Works is currently facilitating the following construction work and services throughout the city:
- Until further notice, the Jackson Street Pier will be closed to all pedestrian and vehicular traffic. Access will be maintained to all passengers loading and unloading from the Goodtime and/or the Pelee Islander vessels.
- The north side of Shoreline Drive from Lawrence/Water St to Franklin St will be closed to all vehicular traffic in order to allow the contractor to continue with the removal of pavement, installation of underground utilities, subgrade stabilization, installation of pavement sub-base and base, sidewalk and curb. During this closure detour signs will be set up directing vehicular traffic to access Shoreline Dr via Franklin St at Shoreline Park traveling westbound only the entire length.
- Starting Friday, March 13, 2020, the Barrett Road will be closed between 5402 and 5416 Barrett Road. During the closure road closed and detour signs will be set up directing traffic to take an alternate route. Access will be maintained for any emergency vehicles who need to access the area.
- Starting Wednesday, April 1, 2020, McCartney Road for the safety of vehicular traffic and the workers, the Contractor has decided to close the roadway while tearing out the old roadway and preparing for installation of a new asphalt road. They are working in the 5300/5400 block of McCartney Road, all traffic wishing to access behind that point are directed to access McCartney Road from Route 6. At the end of each day and over the weekend, the roadway will be opened back up to allow vehicular traffic.
- Starting the week of March 30th, the contractor working on the Buchanan Street Reconstruction Project will begin forming and poring concrete for sidewalks between Thomas Street and Campbell Street. In addition, Buchanan Street between Hayes Ave and Thomas Street will be closed to all vehicular traffic for approximately two weeks in order to dig out the concrete roadway and prepare for a new asphalt road.
- Starting Monday, March 30, 2020, the contractor working on the design for the Warren Street Reconstruction Project will have surveyors working along Warren Street from Monroe Street to Water Street.
- Starting, Monday, March 30, 2020, the contractor working on the design of the Meigs Street Reconstruction and Multi-Use Path Project, will be on site to complete subsurface exploration.
- Starting Wednesday, March 25, 2020, the contractor working on the Sandusky City Schools Intermediate Project notified the City they will begin site work and the installation of a new drive approach along Hayes Ave. The contractor will set up signage shifting all north-bound traffic to use the middle turn area.