- Starting Monday, January 14, 2019, until further notice, the Jackson Street Pier will be closed to all pedestrian and vehicular traffic. Access will be maintained to all passengers loading and unloading from the Goodtime and/or the Pelee Islander vessels.
- The south side of Shoreline Drive from Lawrence/Water St to Franklin St will be closed to all vehicular traffic in order to allow the contractor to continue with the removal of pavement and tracks, installation of underground utilities, subgrade stabilization, installation of pavement sub-base and base, sidewalk and curb. During this closure detour signs will be set up directing vehicular traffic to access Shoreline Dr via Franklin St at Shoreline Park traveling westbound only the entire length.
- Starting Monday, July 29, 2019, the contractor working on the Thorpe Drive Culvert Replacement Project will be closing Thorpe Drive to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic between Venice Rd and Venice Heights Blvd for a forty-five day period. Detour signs have been set up directing traffic to use an alternate route to access Thorpe Dr.
- Starting Monday, August 12, 2019, the Division of Streets & Traffic will close Follett Street between Columbus and Wayne streets for a resurfacing project—a two-step process consisting of Milling and Filling—that will take approximately fifteen (15) business days to complete, depending on the weather. No parking will be allowed on the street, but vehicular access will be maintained for residents within this area throughout the duration of the project.
- To enhance walkability and pedestrian safety, the traffic pattern at the intersection of Hancock and Market streets will transition to a four-way stop on Tuesday, August 13th. Signs have been posted to alert motorists of the reconfiguration. Motorists are asked to use caution when approaching this intersection and to be courteous of other drivers who may not be aware of the change.
- Contractors performing work for the State Theater will be closing the entire roadway and sidewalks on the south side of Water Street between Columbus Avenue and Jackson Street on Wednesday, August 14, 2019, with a rain date of Thursday, August 15th. No Parking will be permitted on that portion of Water Street during that time, and signs alerting motorists of the restriction will be posted on August 13th. Construction and detour signage will be posted in-consultation with the Division of Streets & Traffic.
- Due to high water-levels, F Street is closed to all vehicular traffic until further notice.
We ask that all motorists traveling through these areas plan accordingly and be mindful of all construction equipment and workers. For questions, contact the Department of Public Works at 419.627.5829.