Sandusky City Commissioners passed Ordinance 04-159 as a means to control excessive nuisance calls in which public service employees are being called to local residences and businesses in excess for non-emergency issues. Local officials are confident that the enforcement of this Ordinance will help to improve neighborhoods in our community by encouraging Landlords to carefully screen their tenants and hold them accountable for their tenants’ actions.
Criminal Activity as a Nuisance
Resources for Landlords
The City of Sandusky, Erie County and the State of Ohio provide convenient online services for landlords and property owners which aid in the screening process of new tenants.
- Sandusky Municipal Court: Click on the ‘record search’ tab
- Erie County Clerk of Courts: Under popular links click on ‘Clerk of Courts’ tab, then click the ‘Public Information Case System’ tab
- Erie County Sheriff’s Office/Sex Offender Registry: Under popular links click on ‘sheriff’s office’ tab, then click the ‘sex offender’ tab
- Ohio Attorney General: Select ‘how may we help you’ link, then click ‘what do I need?’, under services select ‘background check’
- Sandusky Police Records: Search by last name or report number
For a local records check, you may also visit our Records Department at the Sandusky Police Department, 222 Meigs Street, Sandusky, Ohio. Please note the Records Department can only supply arrest records for Sandusky, Ohio.