Yard Waste Pick-up Service
The City of Sandusky has signed into contract with Republic Services of Sandusky, Ohio to offer City residents Yard Waste Services beginning April 1st, 2021 and ending December 31st, 2021. This is an optional service offered to City residents. If you were signed up for the service in 2020, you will automatically be enrolled in the 2021 program. If you would like to discontinue service, please contact the Customer Accounting Office at (419) 627-5893.
For anyone who is interested in signing up, please visit the Customer Accounting office at City Hall, 240 Columbus Ave, Sandusky, OH, Monday thru Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm or calling (419) 627-5893.
- Cost: An $13.10 monthly fee for this service will be added to your water and sewer bill monthly during the time of service.
- Service Period: April 1st, 2021 to December 31st, 2021
- Pick up Date: Your yard waste pick up day will be on Friday of each week.
- Have your yard waste at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the day it is to be picked up. It’s highly recommended that it be placed at the curb the night before your scheduled pickup.
- Your yard waste pick up day will be on FRIDAY. For the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday, your service date will be November 26th and December 24th.
- Make sure the yard waste container is clearly marked YARD WASTE. Please use a 20 – 35 gallon container made of plastic, metal or fiberglass with adequate handles for lifting.
- Biodegradable bags are accepted.
- Yard wastes that are accepted include leaves, brush, grass, garden waste, tree material/wood up to 4 inches in diameter tied and other compost material.
City of Sandusky residents are invited to participate in a FREE Yard Waste Drop-off Day at Barnes Nursery, 1630 Camp Road, Huron, Ohio, on the following dates;
- Saturday, May 15, 2021
- Sunday, May 16, 2021