Effective, Monday, June 1, 2020, the City of Sandusky will reopen City Hall, 240 Columbus Avenue, to public access. City offices will be abiding by the Governor’s Responsible RestartOhio guidelines, as well as recommendations from the Erie County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Those accessing City Hall will notice modifications to operations, which have been put in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Modifications will include:
- Occupancy limits will be posted on office doors, common areas, and conference rooms to help maintain social distancing
- Social distancing floor graphics will be installed to indicate how far apart individuals must be while waiting in line for customer accounting or other departments
- Barriers will be installed in customer service areas
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up throughout the building
- Employees will continue to sanitize commonly touched surfaces in offices and common areas
While visitors to city hall will not be required to wear a mask, they are highly encouraged to do so. In addition, residents are encouraged to continue conducting city business via phone, email and online, whenever possible.
“We recognize that the services offered at City Hall are essential to our community, and we will continue to follow the directives from the Governor and amend these procedures as needed,” shared Eric Wobser, City Manager. “As we reopen, please look for signs and directions that have been put into place in our offices. Residents are also encouraged to call city departments in advance for appointments, or to handle any issues via phone or video conference when possible.”
To access the Greenhouse, located at 601 Franklin Street, please call 419.627.5845 to schedule an appointment. For the Recreation Department, located at 222 Meigs Street, please call 419.627.5886 to schedule an appointment. For the Service Center, located at 1024 Cement Avenue, please call 419.627.5829 to schedule an appointment. The recycling center located at 1024 Cement Avenue will continue to be open to the public.
The restrooms at the Jackson Street Pier are now open to the public from 7:00 AM to 10:30 PM every day and will be maintained by City staff. The restroom at the marina will be open during normal business hours for that facility and will be maintained by the marina staff. All other restroom buildings will remain closed until further notice.
The lobby of the Sandusky Police Department at 222 Meigs Street will be open, however, we strongly encourage those wanting to file a police report do so by calling 419.627.5900.
The Sandusky Municipal Court at 222 Meigs Street will remain closed to the public. Court will be held on Monday through Friday at 9am for ONLY individuals that are scheduled for court. NO family members or friends will be allowed in the building. During court hours, a person will be checking people in. Each person will have their temperature taken at the door and will be required to wear a face covering. If a person does not have a face covering, one will be provided. Court employees will be available for issues and questions Monday through Friday from 7:00 am - 3:00 pm. Payments on fines and citations can be made online at www.sanduskymunicipalcourt.org or by mailing a payment to Sandusky Municipal Court, 222 Meigs Street, Sandusky, OH 44870. For questions regarding Civil Department, please call 419.627.5927; Criminal Department 419.627.5926; Probation Department 419.627.5727 (Adam) or 419.627.5923 (Lisa).
We would like to remind the public that there are many ways to interact with the City of Sandusky that do not require a trip to city hall. Many questions can be answered over the phone, by email or online:
- The main line to the City of Sandusky is 419.627.5844 - you can be routed to any Departmentfrom that number.
- Our website is cityofsandusky.com – on the website there are phone numbers and online contact forms listed for each Department.
- Questions and complaints may be reported online using our Ask the City feature on the city’s website.
- Permit and license applications, building permit applications, and other forms are available on the city’s website at cityofsandusky.com/permits.
- City Commission Meetings will continue to be available via a livestream on the city’s YouTube channel www.youtube.com/CityofSanduskyOH. Questions or comments about items on the agenda, or general comments which would normally take place during the audience participation portion of the meetings may be submitted to City Commission Clerk Kelly Kresser: firstname.lastname@example.org so that these can be answered via email and/or read into the record at the meeting.
- Board and Commissions will be available via a livestream on the city’s YouTube channel www.youtube.com/CityofSanduskyOH..
- Visit www.cityofsandusky.com for the most up-to-date information. Water and sewer bills can be paid the following ways:
- Visit www.cityofsandusky.com/BillPay for the following options:
- Automatic Bill Pay (ACH) is also available and FREE. ACH is where the monthly bill amount comes directly out of your bank account at no cost. Just fill out the ACH form and return the form along with a deposit slip or voided check from your bank account. You can return the documents to customer accounting by placing them in the drop box located on E. Washington Row and Columbus Avenue.
- Click “View or Pay Your Bill Online.” Register for an account, or sign in if you have already registered. You can also choose to pay online with One Time Pay, no registration required. There is an online service fee of $3.25 for online bill pay.
- Those who prefer paying with a check can use the drop box located curbside at the corner of E. Washington Row and Columbus Avenue (please, no coins in the drop box), or mail your payment to 240 Columbus Avenue, Sandusky, OH 44870.To talk with a customer accounting representative, call 419.627.5893 between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- City Income Tax questions can be answered by calling Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) at 1.800.860.7482 or by visiting www.ritaohio.com.