In October, 2018, the city entered into agreement with Kokosing Industrial of Toledo, Ohio, for the Shoreline Drive rehabilitation project. This project spans the entire length of Shoreline Drive from Shoreline Park (Franklin Street) to Lawrence Street. Included will be new sanitary and storm sewers, water main replacement, improved parking, reconstruction of the roadway, re-creation of the Sandusky Bay Pathway to establish a protected bicycle lane and partial burial of low-voltage utilities.
To view more information about the project or to take a look at the live webcam on the project, please click the link: https://www.kokosingshorelinedr.biz/
Current Construction Activity & Road Closure:
Shoreline Drive, between Lawrence/Water St to Franklin St has been taken down to one lane of traffic, traveling westbound only. The closure of the south side of Shoreline Drive will allow for the contractor to remove of pavement and tracks, installation of underground utilities, subgrade
stabilization, installation of pavement sub-base and base, sidewalk and curb.
- For Ferry Passengers parking south of Water St, pedestrian access will be maintained at the Mylander Plaza crossing Shoreline Dr.
- Ferry Passengers looking to board the Pelee Islander with a vehicle or be dropped off at one of the Ferry locations, will need to access Shoreline Dr via Franklin St, traveling westbound only until they reach their destination. When exiting their destination onto Shoreline Drive, they will again travel westbound all the way down to Lawrence/Water St to exit.
- Jackson St between Water and Shoreline Dr has been closed to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic in order for the contractor to install new utilites, remove roadway and install/replace sidewalk in this area. Drivers along Water St will notice a number of cones set up in this area as the contractor excavates for new concrete bump outs to be installed.
- Parking at Wayne St will not be affected at this time, however, traffic has been taken down to one way only traveling north on Wayne between Water & Shoreline. Once you enter this portion of Wayne, you will be forced to exit taking Shoreline Drive west bound the entire length until you reach the exit at Lawrence/Water St.
- Hancock St will remain open to Shoreline Dr but will not be set up as the detour route due to the width of the roadway and the turning radius that may be an issue for any large vehicles.
- Temporary parking spaces will be maintained along the south side of Shoreline Drive, just west of Hancock St to allow access to local businesses in this area, such as the New Sandusky Fish Company.
- Access will be maintained to all properties with underground parking facilities, with temporary closures expected when the contractor is working directly in front of those areas.
- The contractor will coordinate with trash haulers regarding trash pickup and placement of dumpster's. There may be situations where dumpster's will need to be moved to allow the contractor to work in a specific area. The contractor will coordinate these efforts with the property owners and their trash hauler.
- When and if at all possible, during this closure please direct vendor delivery trucks to use a Water St entrance to the facility. The contractor understands that a lot of deliveries are made to the back of buildings that face Water St, so they will attempt to maintain access when possible, but there certainly may be times when that access will not be maintained, which would cause traffic constraints in that west bound lane.