Since 2004 the City has offered a yard waste pick up for a monthly fee to residents who sign up for the program. The monthly fee consists of labor, disposal and administration and is added to the water bills of participating customers.
The City of Sandusky has signed into contract with Republic Services of Sandusky, Ohio to offer City residents Yard Waste Services beginning April 1, 2021 and ending December 31, 2021. This is an optional service offered to City residents. If you are interested in signing up, please complete the application and submit it to the Customer Account office at City Hall, 240 Columbus Ave, Sandusky, Ohio from 7:00am to 5:00pm.
2021 Program Details
- Cost: A $13.10 monthly fee for this service will be added to your water and sewer bill monthly during the time of service.
- Service Period: April 1st, 2021 to December 31st, 2021
- Pick up Date: Your yard waste pick up day will be on Friday of each week.
- Have your yard waste at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the day it is to be picked up. It’s highly recommended that it be placed at the curb the night before your scheduled pickup.
- Your yard waste pick up day will be on FRIDAY. For the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday, your service date will be November 26th and December 24th.
- Make sure the yard waste container is clearly marked YARD WASTE. Please use a 20 – 35 gallon container made of plastic, metal or fiberglass with adequate handles for lifting.
- Biodegradable bags are accepted.
- Yard wastes that are accepted include leaves, brush, grass, garden waste, tree material/wood up to 4 inches in diameter tied and other compost material.
2021 Fall Yard Waste Drop-off Day FREE
City of Sandusky residents are invited to participate in a FREE Yard Waste Drop-off at Barnes Nursery, located at 1630 Camp Road, Huron, OH 44839 on the following dates;
Saturday, October 9, 2021
Sunday, October 10, 2021
Proof of residency (drivers' license) must be presented upon drop-off. This is for Residential yard waste only, no commercial customers. For questions contact the Department of Public Works at 419.627.5829.