The Department of Public Works is currently facilitating the following construction work and services throughout the city:
- The City of Sandusky has been notified by Norfolk Southern that the railroad crossing on Venice Road will be closed for maintenance and repairs from Wednesday, April 14, 2021, through April 23rd. Detour signs will be posted at the intersections of Tiffin and Venice and the Venice Road Connector and Venice Rd/Route 6. We ask that all vehicular motorists plan their route accordingly.
- The intersection Hancock and Water streets will transition to a four-way stop. The intersection is currently a two-way stop for motorists traveling on Hancock Street.
- The intersection of Meigs and Water streets will transition to a three-way stop. Currently, only motorists traveling on Meigs Street are required to stop.
In preparation for the traffic pattern change, advanced warning signs have been posted to give motorists early notice. Additionally, in coming weeks, the Division of Streets and Traffic will be re-installing Yield to Pedestrian signage in crosswalks at the following intersections:
- Columbus Avenue and Washington Row
- Hancock and Reese
- Hancock and Neil
- Wayne and Monroe
- Wayne and Scott
- Wayne and Washington Row (at the Sandusky Transit hub)
These changes are meant to enhance walkability and improve pedestrian safety and traffic flow. Motorists are asked to use caution when traveling through these areas and be mindful of others who may not be aware of the changes.
Please see the map below for service and construction locations.