The application process for the Local Business Relief Grant is now closed.
The City of Sandusky has created a new Local Business Relief Grant program designed to assist local businesses during the mandatory non-essential business shutdown as set forth by Governor DeWine. The grant serves as another layer to the state and federal programs being established to aid small businesses. The City wants its businesses to know their local government and community support them during these especially trying times.
Local Business Relief Grant application
Instructions on completing and saving a fillable form
Applications can be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
- The city has halted its normal economic development programs and diverted those funds to the Local Business Relief Grant program.
- Applicants are eligible to receive up to $3,000 per business affected by the COVID19 crisis.
- This is a one-time grant distribution.
- The grant is flexible, designed to help with numerous and varying business expenses.
- Located within the City of Sandusky and has fifty (50) or fewer employees;
- Operates from a commercial or retail storefront in the following sectors: (i) Restaurants; (ii) Bars; (iii) Salons; (iv) Barber Shops; (v) Gyms, Workout Facilities; (vi) Wellness Facilities & Studios; (vii) Tattoo Parlors; (viii) Bowling Alleys; (ix) Dry cleaners; (x) Seamstresses / Tailors; (xi) Event and Banquet Centers, and (xii) General Retailers.
- This program is for non-chain businesses only.
- Any business with more than 3 locations is ineligible to receive assistance under this program.
- Ineligible businesses include:
- Any non-storefront based small business and/or home-based businesses, and the following sectors: (i) gas stations; (ii) automotive parts or repair; (iii) smoke / vape shops; (iv) internet café or gambling parlor; (v) professional services business (law or accounting firm; realty); (vi) any business that is a sole-proprietorship without any employees; (vii) any business allowed to continue operating through the mandated shutdown per Governor DeWine’s orders (restaurants with closed dining rooms are eligible).
- Any business not located within the City of Sandusky limits.
Final eligibility and ineligibility determinations and Grant Awards shall be solely at the discretion of City Staff.